Remote Renewals: 660-543-8276
Circulation Services of the James C. Kirkpatrick Library is located on the first floor of the library adjacent to the rotunda area. Material checked out from the Circulation/Reserves Desk may be returned to any book drop.
Book Drop Locations:
- Circulation/Reserves desk on either side of the desk extensions.
- West outside book drop is located on the north wing, behind the stone pillar.
- East outside book drop is located near the loading dock doors and is a drive-up drop.
Both outside book drops are available 24 hours daily , enabling patrons to return books at any time. Access to outside book drops are available holidays, weekends, and over semester breaks. Materials returned after the library is closed will not be checked in until the next day the library is open. Overdue charges might be assessed for the day they are checked in. Materials returned by mail should be sent to: Circulation Services, James C Kirkpatrick Library, 601 S. Missouri, University of Central Missouri , Warrensburg MO 64093 . Please note that course textbooks must be returned to the University Bookstore, which is located in the University Union.
To check out materials from the James C. Kirkpatrick Library, all patrons must present their current ID card or an official photo identification, i.e., driver's license. Graduate research students not enrolled in classes may obtain permission to use the library for one semester by presenting a letter of validation from their graduate advisor. Public patron charge-out privileges are provided to patrons not affiliated with the University of Central Missouri . UCM graduates are also extended check-out privileges. (see Public & UCM Graduate Patrons Information)
Most materials are renewable unless a Hold/Recall has been placed on the material. Renewals may be made through Quest, “View Your Library Account” : http://quest.searchmobius.org/search~S2, by email : email@example.com, or by telephone : (660) 543-8276.
If an item which you need is currently checked out, first try to request the item through the MOBIUS catalog. If no copies are available through MOBIUS, you may ask the attendant at the Circulation/Reserves Desk to place a HOLD on the item for you. When the item is returned it will be held at the desk for no more than six days. A HOLD cannot be placed on Reserve materials.
If an item cannot be found on the shelves, take the information to any library service desk. If the attendant is unable to locate a record of the material being charged out, a search can be placed on the item.
The location of some materials will determine the loan period. Generally, materials circulate:
- 4 weeks - Graduate, Undergraduate, UCM Graduates, Public Patrons, Interlibrary Loan, Faculty Emeritus, and Support Staff
- 12 weeks - Graduate Assistant, Faculty
Ask at the Circulation/Reserves Desk for additional information.
Overdue Notices, Fines, and Fees
Failure to receive overdue notices in no way relieves the borrower of the obligation to return the library material by the date it is due or to pay the late fines. The person to whom the item is charged is responsible for the return of the item checked out and for any fines incurred. If an ID card is lost, it should be reported to the Circulation Desk at once and a duplicate should be requested at the Student Affairs Office, Administration 214. Mailing addresses should be kept current through the student Banner account, or ask at the Circulation/Reserves desk. Please read the Overdue Fines & Billing Fees.
Immediately report any material that is lost. Three charges accrue on lost materials (1) the late fine at the time the item is reported lost, (2) the replacement price of the item, and, (3) a $15.00 processing fee.
- The Circulation/Reserves Desk can reserve Media Preview rooms located on the first floor.
- Bestsellers are located on the first floor near the Circulation area.
- MOBIUS and Interlibrary Loan Materials are picked up and returned at the Circulation/Reserves Desk
- FAX service is available in Room 1145 by the Circulation Desk.
- Copy machines are located in the Circulation area.
- Change and refunds for library equipment malfunctions and the vending machines are given at the Circulation/Reserve Desk.