Alumni (graduates of the University of Central Missouri) and public patrons may apply for check out privileges at the James C. Kirkpatrick Library. In order to apply for these privileges patrons will need to do the following:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Present a valid photo ID such as a Driver’s License or military ID. A Missouri driver’s license is preferred but not required.
- Utility bill or other official mail or document dated within the past 30 days with the patron’s name and current local address.
- Complete a patron file card with the patron’s name, address, social security number, date of issue, telephone number, email address, and signature. Once library staff has obtained a valid UCM ID number for the patron, the social security number will be removed from the patron’s record. These cards will be kept on file for a short period of time to ensure there are no problems. A patron record will be created in the online circulation system and will be updated annually as materials are checked out.
- Library personnel will need to confirm alumni status for graduates of UCM.
- Pay fees as outlined below. All fees are non-refundable and must be paid in advance
(first time and annual renewal)
Check out privileges include:
- All circulating print and non-print materials unless excluded below. This includes popular DVDs.
- ILLiad access for interlibrary loan requests.
Check out privileges DO NOT include
- placing holds or recalling materials
- placing requests from the Quest cluster or MOBIUS Inn-reach
- checking out materials on course reserves, reference items, maps, microform, or periodicals
When checking out materials all patrons MUST present a picture ID.
Overdue fines, fees, and bills will be levied as they are to university students. Privileges will be blocked when an account accumulates charges of $5.00 or more and all charges must be paid before additional materials can be checked out. When possible, charges will be sent to the Revenue Office for collection. The “Library Theft Law” (Mo. Rev. Stat. Sect. 570.200-570.215) may be applied.
Renewals: Those materials eligible for renewal may be renewed one time through “View Your Library Account” on Quest (https://quest.searchmobius.org/patroninfo), telephone (660-543-8276), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Materials may be physically returned to the library or mailed to:
James C. Kirkpatrick Library
601 South Missouri
University of Central Missouri
Warrensburg, MO 64093-5020
Computers are available on each floor to check the library catalog. For other computer-related needs, a limited number of public access computers are available in the Computer Commons and on the second floor. A photo ID is required to obtain a log-in for these computers.
Revised 7/31/02, 7/2011, 8/2012