Harmon Computer Commons
Location: JCKL 1250
Please check the library hours for a complete listing of operating hours
The Harmon Computer Commons is a fully networked electronic environment, whose workstations have access to informational resources, productivity tools, group work areas and instructional labs. These resources are designed to fully integrate the informational resources of the library with the technology acquired, disseminated and utilized by the University of Central Missouri community. Three instructional lab classrooms are connected to the commons area, and contain computers for instruction in an hands-on environment. HCC offers the following services and facilities:
- Help is available from the Library staff and student employees when the lab is open. Ask at the service desk for help when you need it. We will do our best to provide assistance or direction to other resources and campus units for assistance.
Top of Page
- Open Lab: 80 PC and 14 Mac workstations are connected to the campus network. 6 of these (3 PC and 3 Mac) are attached to scanners. All workstations contain a variety of productivity software, and the scanning stations have several graphic applications and web development tools. All are available in the Commons area on a first-come first-serve basis to those having a valid UCM network login.
- Accessibility Workstations are available in the open lab, and each of the two larger classrooms. Please ask for assistance if you have difficulty locating the terminals or using the software.
- Classrooms can be reserved by teaching faculty for instruction in a hands-on environment. Please use the JCKL Room Request Form to reserve a classroom. If you have any questions, please contact the Library Services Room Reservation Team at email@example.com or ext. 4140.
- Printing: Laser printing is available from any of the computers in the Harmon Computer Commons at $0.10 per page for black and white prints or $0.75 per page for color prints.
Top of Page