JCKL’s New and Improved Central Search
Central Search - Known Issues, Bugs, and Limitations
The new and updated Central Search operates quite differently than it did in the older version. While it is more expedient and efficient in many ways, there are some known “bugs” in the system that still need to be corrected. Please be aware that programmers are currently working to resolve the following issues:
- Items physically located in the Kirkpatrick Library (books, DVDs, etc.) all appear as available whether they are checked out or not. To check an item’s current availability status, please click on the title and link to the catalog record.
- JCKL’s print journal holdings are currently included with Full Text Online search results. Some articles may ONLY be available in print at the library even though the availability statement says Full Text Online.
- You may occasionally click-through to a “dead end” and will not be able to access a journal article or eBook. This generally occurs because of incomplete or inaccurate data in the referring citation. Please report these errors via Feedback (upper right corner of search results) or Report an Error (lower right corner of the content link summary page.)
- Some sources, such as Newsbank, will only link at the journal title level, not article level, requiring further searching or browsing in the target database.
- A few library resources, such as online company/market information, are not currently accessible via Summon. Legal case citations may appear in search results, but are not currently linking properly. Please contact the JCKL Reference Center for assistance with these resources.
If you identify additional issues, please let us know