Graduate Research & Writing Consultations
Graduate Research & Writing Consultations will be available the first and third Friday afternoons of each month in Room 2439 of the James C. Kirkpatrick Library. Professor and Librarian, Cheryl Riley will be available at these times to help you. You can schedule an appointment or just drop-in. If you have a specific research and/or writing assignment please check with Cheryl ahead of time; she may ask you to send her your work so she can review it before you meet with her. Contact Cheryl via email: email@example.com If the first and third Friday does not work for you, additional time may be available Monday through Thursday at UCM-Lee’s Summit—just contact Cheryl via email to check on available times.
What type of assistance can you receive?
- Selecting/refining a research topic
- Conducting a literature review
- Review of your written work with suggestions for improvement
- Ideas for improving the organization of your paper
- Tutorials on APA style
- Formatting examples following the UCM Thesis Manual
- Tips for completing a literature review